Best Email Marketing Stats 2017
Did you know the number of email users worldwide is around 3.7 billion? A projected 269 billion emails are sent every day. That’s approximately 74 trillion emails a year.
Who says email marketing is dead?
Of course, the real difficulty is making yourself heard amongst all that noise.
It can be pretty tempting to only send emails when you really have to. Maybe you’d rather focus on platforms like social media and blogs to pull in new customers. After all, those likes and shares seem a bit more ~real~ than a bunch of email stats buried in a mound of data, right?
And it’s not like you’re getting actual replies to those emails you send out into the universe …
The thing is, email marketing is still considered an essential tool by businesses all over the world, big and small, and there’s a good reason for that.
Email keeps you connected. You can nurture the leads you capture through those social media posts and blogs and landing pages and whatever else you’re using as a lead generation machine. And you can reach out to existing customers with exclusive offers and news, reminding them you’re still there, and encouraging them to buy from you again.
But that’s easier said than done, right?
That’s why we’ve put together some of the best email marketing statistics of 2017 – to inspire you to try something new this year. Read on to find out more …
So, based on these stats, how can you create the best email marketing campaigns for your business?
- Use mobile-friendly designs
- Audit your content and image quality
- Make your email subject lines and content feel personal
- Experiment with different subject lines and/or content based on your target audience
- Automate core campaigns so they work for you, even while you sleep
- Create automated abandoned shopping cart emails that convince customers to come back and finish a purchase
- Send emails early in the morning or during ‘boring’ periods of the day such as lunch breaks or weekday evenings
- Test, test, test
- Analyse your data and make informed decisions based on your must successful email campaigns, subject lines and content
Obviously, no one wants spam. If your customers decide you’re spammy, your email will be deleted and your database unsubscribed from quicker than you can say ‘spam sandwich’.
That’s why the actual content you send is so important. Content matters. An email without the right content isn’t going to get the job done. Repeat that mantra to yourself the next time you launch a campaign.
Do you think email marketing works for your business? Tell us in the comments.
We’d love to help you create interesting, click-worthy campaigns. If you’re interested to find out more, just hit the button below!
Email's not dead. Find out more!